Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jubilee's Colony for Mutants with Crappy Powers

I hate her so much.
    Imagine, if you will, being on a lovely, relaxing vacation; you're walking down unfamiliar streets alone and doing some light souvenir shopping.  This is is where my dream begins.
    I felt that sensation you get when your back feels bizarrely exposed and vulnerable.  Someone was watching me.  Several times I peered behind me to find the same person following me; at first I thought it was just a coincidence, I was being crazy, but every turn I made they made.  I began to panic and kept making wild turns without even thinking about where I was going and eventually I was hopelessly lost. 
My dream self needs to pick better vacation destinations.
Finally I stumbled into a small, deserted square with a fountain in the center and two other passages that led to it.  At the same time two other frightened looking people came out of the other entry ways.  One was a boy of around fourteen years and the other was a man who looked to be in his thirties.  All we could do was stare at each other imploringly as we watched a shadowy person come up behind each other and shove a rag into our faces.  I smelled a vaguely sweet scent as I fell into unconsciousness.  
    We each awoke at different times in a small room lined with cushioned benches and the one door was, unsurprisingly, locked.  The boy's name was Will and the man was George; none of us knew each other but we were all on vacation.  The stories of our captures were all incredibly similar.  We deduced by the gentle movement of the room that we were on a boat of some kind but we were unable to find any clues to help put together what exactly was happening.  We decided that when someone eventually came to get us we would attack them at once in hopes of escaping, much like the heroes in The Three Ninjas.  
This is exactly what our captors saw and they ran away in terror
while simultaneously knocking each other out.
Somehow we were successful and the ship has also conveniently been docked.  So we took off together into a tropical paradise of sun, sand, and palm trees while being furiously pursued.  Our escape was still going quite well until our path was blocked by a some very weird sculptures.  We navigated around them to our best abilities but they were enormous and the wooded areas beyond the paths were just too thick to even attempt to go through without a machete.  After we made it past the sculptures there was an outdoor set of upside down and somehow inverted sets of staircases all connected.
Did...did I watch Labyrinth before this dream?

But we got around those eventually too, they didn't slow us down too much.  Ahead of us the path was wide and clear and at the end was an equally wide rope bridge.  Suddenly, my limbs felt like they weighed dozens of extra pounds a piece; Will and George looked to be having the same trouble to, we all appeared to be in slow motion.  Soon enough, we actually began to be dragged backward.  I felt compelled to look behind us and saw a blonde woman with angry eyebrows in a suit with a hand outstretched to us.  It was at this point that I somehow also noticed the three of us all were wearing a shade of red shirts.  I slowly took my own red shirt off, and since my dream apparently had a G rating I had a white tank top on underneath.  As soon as the red shirt was no longer touching me I felt normal again and almost face-planted at the suddenness of it.  I helped Will and George shed their red garments and we were off once more.  I didn't think of it then but this woman obviously had a color-based power, which was lame, but good for us at the time.
Her power was much like the Power of the Red Shirt on Star Trek.
    But shortly after we were stopped for one last time by a wall of bones.  This guy was basically the Magneto of bones that were not attached to any living organism.  So he just stood there in front of us and used his power to find any and all bones in the area and ripped them from out of the ground.  I imagine it took some time to amass the whole wall since a lot of the bones must have been very deep within the ground, unless of course there was a cemetery nearby.  I had thought it was the end of us, we were doomed.  But like the son of Poseidon Will blasted the wall with a wave of water.  
Will does NOT belong in this colony.
George and I were baffled, since we didn't have an powers that we knew of, but apparently Will knew of his all this time.   Boneto essentially waved a white flag and requested to have a chat and Will consented.  Boneto told us about the colony that our captors belonged to and explained that they were recruiting us.  We wouldn't exactly call kidnapping "recruiting" but we listened on anyway and he showed us around the place.  We saw people who could control books, eat rocks, and one who could turn into a working fountain at will.  Apparently this colony was competing with another colony for extra special recruits, except apparently the other colony didn't know it was competing.  Boneto insisted that George and I would eventually come into our hidden powers and also asked that we stay with them.  None of us wanted to, but in the end we decided to stay for a day or two, just to check it out.  Everyone was really nice but we began to notice that the place was more like a prison for us, because they kept extending our stay.  What made it even more terrible was when someone tried to make no-bake cookies, but with rice instead of oatmeal; it was disgusting and we just wanted to go home.  
But we could never leave.
    And that's when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature Tea Blend