Friday, March 9, 2012

Titan A.E. ... But With the Aliens from V

    Well, the aliens had finally invaded and everyone was going crazy; mostly because the aliens were not peaceful, once again, just as all the movies predicted.  The people in charge were dealing with it the way we always imagine a zombie virus would be dealt with: not well and with evacuations for only so many people.  Where were people being evacuated?  To space, much like in Titan A.E., except that there was no new Earth, no hand/ring map, no real plan at all.


But it didn't matter because everyone wanted out in a hurry, especially when people realized what the aliens were doing on Earth.  Apparently, humans tasted really delicious.

This is how sure everyone was of the plan.
    I found myself among a mass of people trying to get into one of several helicopters.  These helicopters were different from the ones you're used to, they were bigger and more passenger oriented; some even had windows you could crack open.  Somehow I ended up in the front of the crowd and the two pilots grabbed me and a black-haired girl and instructed us to climb up.  So we crawled into the passenger area of the helicopter and the pilots lifted us into the air.  One of them stepped into our area and started asking us questions, weird questions, like how often we worked out and what our diets were like.  Eventually he went back to his seat and the girl and I talked over what was happening.  I brought up how odd the questions for, but she assumed they were just picking the people who were best suited to survival, which did make some sense.  But if they brought us on the helicopter already what would they do with us if they decided we weren't fit enough?
    I heard the pilots whispering excitedly to each other and, curious, I inched closer to the door of the cockpit.  "One works out more often than the other, she will be much tastier," the pilot who interviewed us said.
    "Well, it's a long flight and we can devour them on the way."
    Aside from some sporadic Zumba-ing the most exercise I get is from throwing controllers while playing video games, so I knew they were talking about the other girl.

My exercise routine.
But I also knew that normal people don't usually use the word "devour" unless they're trying to impress someone and most people don't eat other people. These pilots were obviously the aliens from the TV show V and there really was no hope left for escape.

Best alien weapon ever:Human skin armor.
I sat back and started panicking, while quickly weighing our options.  There really weren't any.  The pilots were armed, my strength obviously only extended to my thumbs, and the other girl didn't seem to believe me. So the big question was whether I wanted to be eaten or just find a way to kill myself.  As I was thinking this over I saw one of the pilots peer back at us with a smile and then lick his lips.  I instantly decided that my last action alive would be to make this alien hungry.
     So I shoved the window open and the alien's flashed with anger as he jumped up and stretched out his arms.  I slipped myself out the small opening and let myself fall.  I saw the helicopter above me making its way elsewhere; then I had an out of body experience.  I saw myself falling toward the trees of a forest, limbs slightly raised and grasping.  I wondered how long it would take for me to hit the trees.  And then I did.  I saw my broken body tangled in the trees.

And that's when I woke up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature Tea Blend